The Estimator’s duties and responsibilities apply to all the Pre-Post Award phase of the contract. Primary Accountabilities.
• Tendering Phase: Estimation (Pre-Contract)
• Review Invitation-To-Tender (ITT) Document Package of assigned bids for MRO opportunities for Barge, and Ships.
• Registration of the new opportunity in the IFS.
• Analyze the content and the entirety of tender document package including attachment relating to individual work scopes.
• Distribution of the Tender documents to various disciplines within the organization for technical inputs.
• Consolidate inputs received from various departments to prepare pre-bid technical and commercial clarifications for client.
• Identify all sub-contract / third party / OEM works from the tender package and accordingly pass on the information to PSCM for the RFQ to be sent to qualified vendors and OEM. Additionally, subject to the urgency of the requirement and permission to be given by the PSCM, Estimator may directly liaise with vendor and sub-contractor to obtain budgetary quotation.
• Coordination with relevant departments within the organization for inputs required in the bid. Information such as but not limited to MTO’s, equipment and material pricing, manhour requirement, project schedule, PMT, and all relevant information as required in the tender specifications shall be made available during the estimation process.
• Generate a detailed and itemized listing of required work or tasks in Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) order as per bid requirement. Consolidation of all inputs collated from internal and external stakeholders into PED to generate detailed cost estimation for labour, material and equipment, sub-contractor/third party/OEM costs, chargeable and overhead, and shipyard services, etc.
• Identify long lead and critical material lists and inform Operations accordingly for necessary changes / follow up on project schedule.
• Participate and provide value input during Tender Review process including inputs on numbers, the proposed work package, tender qualifications and exclusions, and general terms and conditions.
• Handover of complete bid package to Operations when project opportunity is awarded. This includes preparation of budget with allocation for labour cost, equipment and materials cost, sub-contractor, miscellaneous and all related costs required during execution of the project.
• Prepare Sales Contract of awarded project in the IFS base on the Customer’s Purchase Order / Work Order, Master Service Agreement, and IMI agreed Sub-Contractor quotation.
• Continuously update estimation records and database (e.g. equipment and material prices, Cleopatra Knowledge base) for future estimation references.
• Perform other functions as instructed by the Line Manager.
Commercial & Financial:
• Understanding of current market prices and competition within the region. Adjustment of rates to be offered if deemed necessary, due to commercial competitiveness, should be consulted, and agreed to by the Proposal Manager.
• Perform cost estimates and rates in response to Client’s requirement stipulated in the tender scope/specification of work (SoW) in conjunction with Site Survey Report (if any) and related documentation in ITT package. Estimation shall include scrutiny, appropriate selection, and consolidation of essential data gathered from internal and external stakeholders into estimate in IMI PED template. As one of the vital elements of converting opportunity into a project, an accurate cost estimate shall be prepared.
• Participate and provide value input on the proposal strategy being prepared by the proposal team including inputs on the proposed scope of work, terms and conditions, and effective tender qualifications and exclusions.
• Participate in the negotiation of repair bill / invoice along with Management Team.
• Perform other commercial functions as instructed by the Line Manager.
• Review major risk allocation issues with the Proposal team to ensure alignment of understanding.
• Participate in bid phase risk assessments and provide strategic input on risk elimination, risk allocation,
risk reduction and risk mitigation.
• Proactively assist in providing recommendations to mitigate project risks. Attend Risk Register reviews.
• Subject to always coordinating with IMI Legal to ensure privilege requirements are met, the Senior Estimator shall continually identify, collate, and record examples of best practices and lessons learned and feed these back to the IMI Business Development Department for dissemination to other proposals and inclusion in proposal and estimation training tools and resources.
• Ensure that all invoices as per payment milestones are submitted to the Client in due time and contractual obligation with respect to payment as per agreed terms are paid.