The Technical Writer , will be responsible for but not limited to:
1. Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest reader comprehension.
2. Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions.
3. Meet with subject-matter experts to ensure specialized topics are appropriately addressed.
4. Analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure and form documentation.
5. Review and/or copyedit content developed by other members of the team.
6. Act as Initiator for Change Controls. Works with complex tasks and tight deadlines.
7. Responsible for the execution of all steps to ensure timely completion of changes.
8. Gathers information from SMEs, breaks complex processes into straightforward steps and ensures that documents contain the appropriate level of detail and instruction commensurate with the activity.
9. Assist SMEs in creating first drafts from process maps, outlines, and direct observation.
10. Create new or revise existing content with a high degree of quality.
11. Act as subject matter expert in document creation, format, and alteration.
12. Ensure that the information contained in Policy/Procedures corresponds with the information on related documentation such as forms, inspection records, etc. including the appropriate verifications steps.
13. Identifies areas for improvement within existing documentation and provides creative ways to make all documents better.
14. Maintains records on changes and provides reports to Line Manager.