- Support the implementation of global commodity strategies.
- Ensure the implementation of a complete sourcing package preparing cost estimation for the assigned commodities based on comprehensive analysis of the market, project/bids needs.
- Ensure availability of the high level "short list" of the potential suppliers for project/bid with the required market\country\technology for the relevant global commodity.
- Achievement of global commodity targets (bid and project targets.)
- Ensure, according to the supply plan/project schedule, the implementation of all the procurement activities for relevant global commodity.
- Conducts research of market conditions and relevant SWOT analysis to gather data for strategic planning.
- Leads, directs, mentors and trains other discipline buyers.
- Manage any other responsibility assigned by the management.
- Assist with the implementation of ERP or any other system/digital initiative rolled out within the company.
- Prepare, maintain and present daily, weekly and monthly work plans for the team and self.
- Accountable for compliance with company policies and procedures and preparing documentation required for internal and external audits
- Ensure compliance and adherence to the assigned KPIs and their periodic reporting.
- Conducting and managing meetings with internal stake holders, suppliers and PSCM teams including documenting the minutes for smooth working of the team and expediting of the work progress.
- Responsible for managing the work of the team members including but not limited to daily work distribution, expediting the fast-track projects and guiding them to ensure zero errors in the orders prepared.
- Reviewing the supplier offers, TBE, CBE and ROAs prepared by self and team members to ensure zero errors before they are submitted to the line manager for further approvals.
- Work closely with expediting team to ensure expediting of orders, supplier acknowledgments, documentation and any other supplier deliverables.
Working Relations: Internal Interactions:
Strategic Procurement / Planning
- Support strategic procurement development initiatives
Supplier Relation / Local Content
- Support local industrial development activities.
- Assist sourcing team with understanding the commodity market dynamics
- Work with internal stake holders to carry out commodity agreement feasibility plans
- Participate in cross functional teams
- Participate in PSCM customer forums and focus meetings.
- Conduct site visit to end user facility to support company operational requirements
- Work with Engineering and Project Management for the successful delivery of orders
Working Relations: External Interactions:
- Cross functional Interaction on commodity plans and strategies issues with external stakeholders