Key Performance indicators:
- Identification and mitigation of HSE hazards and risks in Technical Services operations.
- Organization of timely inspection of lifting, rigging and other equipment that requires periodic inspections.
- Establishing safety culture amongst Technical Services crew members and IMI as a whole
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable and Responsible for taking initiatives to implement HSE and Lifting Inspection requirements in Technical Services Department works and striving to continuously improve IMI’s health, safety, and environmental performance.
- Work closely with Technical Services team to engineer out potential hazards, to provide a safe working environment, for all employees.
- Organize and manage the team of safety officers, crane, lifting and rigging equipment inspectors and contractors to perform their duties in ensuring safety and compliance.
- Awareness/knowledge of applicable Regulations, National and International standards such as NEBOSH, LEEA, LOLER and communicate relevant points to the team.
- Provide lifting HSE expertise and guidance to lifting superintendents, supervisors, riggers and operators
- Responsible for ensuring that all the requirements (which include method statement, risk assessment, Lifting, rigging study and permits to work) are adequate for the job and valid.
- Conduct team meetings for HSE awareness and TS Inductions for new comers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Monitor safety performance of the team members and nominate best performers for management recognition.
- Ensure that all lifting and rigging tools being used on sites are within their SWL, duly certified and operational.
- Work with AMMO maintenance teams to perform required repairs of Technical Services equipment and/or invite 3rd Party inspection teams when needed.
- Support department management as required in effective recruitment, selection, training, and certification of personnel; appraising performance; rewarding and counselling His / Her team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems with participation of Technical Services Management.
- Ensure continual process improvement across all operations of Technical Services.