Bachelor's Degree BSc in Safety or relevant discipline.
12/+ years’ experience in a similar role, Preferably has shipyard experience
Professional Qualifications (Certifications & Accreditations):
- Attained or working towards obtaining the NEBOSH International General Certificate.
- IRCA – approved Internal auditor (OH&S/EMS).
- Attained or working towards obtaining Graduate IOSH membership level.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Ability to communicate with site management team, clients and other
- parties, peers and workforce. High level of integrity and ethical behavior sets good example.
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups and people of diverse nationalities.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team. Team player, rigorous, objective and performance/delivery orientated.
- Ability to identify unsafe acts/practices and conditions and suggest control/mitigating measures.
- Ability to identify and implement OH&S control processes to support the attainment of organizational OH&S objectives, KPIs and deliverables.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations and work calmly under pressure.
- Knowledge of applicable local and international regulations, standards and best practices.
- Competent understanding and communication of IMI Integrated Management System and their implementation in respect to industrial/maritime yards and project operations.
- Possess working knowledge or undergone training in incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis, Bow-Tie, 5 Whys.
- Knowledge of the requirements of international standards such as ISO 45001:2018, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001: 2015.Possess analytical skills.
- Possess skills in the identification of underlying trends in OH&S performance in order to propose initiatives for OH&S continual improvement.
- Probability and decision-making skills, Stress management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- English. (Mandatory)
- Arabic / Others ( desirable)