Bachelor's Degree BSc in Safety or relevant discipline.
15 /+ years’ experience in a similar role, Preferably has shipyard experience
Professional Qualifications (Certifications & Accreditations):
- Attained or working towards obtaining the NEBOSH Diploma
- Internal IRCA – Lead auditor (OH&S/EMS).
- OPITO Gas Inspector
- Attained or working towards obtaining Graduate IOSH membership level
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Knowledge of KSA regulations and relevant international standards EPIC and Maritime operations.
- Knowledge of applicable local and international regulations, standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of the requirements of international standards such as ISO 45001:2018, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015.
- Possess working knowledge or undergone training in incident
- investigation and Root Cause Analysis, Bow-Tie, 5 Whys.
- Analytical skills.
- Competent understanding and communication of IMI management
- systems and their implementation in respect to industrial/maritime yards and project operations.
- Skills in the identification of underlying trends in OH&SE performance in order to propose initiatives for OH&SE continual improvement.
- Probability and decision-making skills, Stress management skills.
- Ability to communicate with site management team, clients and other
- parties, peers and workforce.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team and to identify unsafe acts/practices and conditions and suggest control/mitigating measures.
- To identify and implement HSE control processes to support the attainment of organizational HSE objectives, KPIs and deliverables.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations and work calmly under pressure
- English. (Mandatory)
- Arabic / Others ( desirable)