IMI1223 - Leg Fabrication Superintendent - Newbuild Rigs
Rig Building Operations
Dhahran / Ras Al Khair / Dubai / Other
New Build Rigs
Your future role:
To work for the Construction Manager and to ensure that all jack-up leg fabrication and repair tasks are planned, organized and executed safely, within budget and according to schedule and in line with Basic designer guidelines, Class rules, IMI Policies and Procedures.
- In conjunction with HSES and Construction Manager ensure that all aspects of Leg Fabrication and repairs in the yard are executed safely and in compliance with HSES responsibilities.
- Ensure that all leg fabrication and assembly activities are properly planned and that the plans and responsibilities are passed to and understood by the supervisors.
- Ensure that Fabrication resources are effectively and efficiently utilized in accordance with the project schedule and budget.
- Ensure in conjunction with the Procurement Supply chain Group that all fabrication and assembly consumables are procured and available at all times to meet the planned schedule, and that appropriate stowage and preservation measures are in place.
- Effective and consistent interaction with other discipline supervisors, foreman, chargehands and work force around safety related issues.
- Update construction manager and production manager on fabrication and assembly works and schedules on a regular basis.
- Monitor actual man-hours against budgeted man-hours and take appropriate steps to correct overruns; and ensure manpower requirements or shortfalls are reported to the Construction Manager.
- Ensure that all supervisors are aware and understand all fabrication & assembly procedures and the work is carried out in accordance with approved ITP.
- Conduct Toolbox talks with Fabrication supervisors, foremen & charge hands on a weekly basis to deliver first time high quality Fabrication & Assembly with minimal or zero QC comments during inspection.
- Liaise with the Project/Production engineer regarding any new fabrication and assembly procedures or activities; an ensure manpower resources are allocated appropriately to execute the works according to the schedule and consistently drive toward organized and productive output from the relevant discipline labor, using tools to monitor, measure against budget and constantly strive for improvement
- Liaise with other trades to ensure project schedule adherence.
- Regular attendance at scheduled safety walks, as well as departmental safety walks. A strong demonstration of follow up and closeout of Safety Walk action points is required to cement good safety leadership display to the workforce.
- Should continuously seek ways to improve the Leg Fabrication and Production departments and for
- continuous training of the labour. Prepare, review and/or participate in developing the company procedures and policies related to Leg Fabrication and/or assembly.
- Fabrication & assembly equipment and jig allocation and utilization to be monitored and making sure machinery is calibrated and being used efficiently.
- Possess strong initiative around decision making and ability and to provide technical solutions for all leg fabrication, repair and assembly related issues.
Who we are looking for:
- Degree/professional qualification in a relevant discipline
- Minimum High school graduation and above.
- At least 10 years' experience in the shipyard.
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written) in the English Language.
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):