• Management of staff, including allocation of daily duties, competency training.
• Support the Production & Project Managers with planning maximizing utilization & performance of department resources.
• Support the Human Resources Department with effective recruitment, selection & training of personnel within IMI.
• Continuous review of operating procedures and processes within the department.
• Work closely with HSE to engineer out potential hazards, to provide a safe working environment, for all employees.
• Assist with R&D to ensure technological advancements are properly evaluated for improved ROI where ever practical.
• Ensure that Rigging Hardware & associated equipment are maintained & inspected in accordance with Company Policy and Quality Safety Management System.
• Ensure that Lifting & Rigging Equipment registers are kept up to date in all departments.
• Review and confirm that all safety & operational requirements are completed & checked prior to conducting any lifting or transfer operation.
• Work closely with Maintenance Department planning equipment service and re-certification as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Achievement of IMI’s Total Recordable Incidents (TRI).
• 95% or more utilization of equipment
• Keep within or under predetermined budgets