• Prepares Welding Execution Plan for the projects at bid stage as well as upon award of the projects.
• Manage welding procedure qualification activities and ensure to project specific requirement / company requirement.
• Ensure the welder qualification tests are conducted according to the project spec. / company standard.
• Plans, identifies & order the welding consumables for projects in advance.
• Carry out weld audits for checking the storage, preservation and handling of consumable according to the manufacture recommendations & IMI’s in-house procedures.
• Investigation and management of the welding defect rate and take appropriate mitigation plan for reducing further occurrence.
• Reviews of bid documentation assigned by the QC Manager and identify nonstandard welding / material requirement or identify other potential area of concern. The costs related to Welding Engineering shall be highlighted for capturing in the bid.
• Liaise with project management team, client, other departments such as Production, Planning and Engineering etc. to ensure Welding Engineering related risks and opportunities are communicated during the execution phase.
• Sound knowledge of different kind of material and welding consumables used in the marine sector
• In-depth knowledge of various welding codes, standards, and client specifications.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable information security policies & procedures.
Communication and Working Relationship:
• Quality Control Manager
• Quality Assurance Manager
• Project Managers
• Production/Fabrication/Engineering/Operation Managers
• Production Engineers/Supervisors/Foremen
• Customer Representatives
• Third Party Inspectors
• Classification societies